Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 pound cherries
- 3 tablespoons tart cherry juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp almond flavoring
- Pit cherries.
- Combine the sugar and water in a saucepan. Heat on medium-low heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove off of the heat and squeeze in the juice of 1/2 a small lemon, 1 teaspoon almond. Allow to cool completely.
- Spoon the cherries into a pan and cook for 10n mins.
- Spoon cherries into a clean jar. Top off with liquid from pot.
- Let cool and store in the fridge for 3 months.